SELECTING AN AGENT
Whether buying or selling a home, you will want to select someone who will meet your professional needs and represent you properly, but also someone who fits your style.
- Ask family, friends, and co-workers for referrals for which agent to use
- Attend open houses, and, if you’re impressed, ask for a business card
- Drive through neighborhoods and look at the signs in the yards of homes you are interested in
- Search local newspapers and real estate publishings
- If you are moving, call McBride & Co. Real Estate for a referral to an agent in another town
Questions to ask the agent to make sure they are the right fit for you:
- Do you work full-time or part-time?
- How long have you been selling homes in the area?
- Are you familiar with the area I am interested in?
- What type of property do you usually handle?
- How much of your business comes from referrals and repeat clients?
- How many sales have you closed?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- How many of your listings sold during the listing period?
- Did they sell close to the asking price?
- About how many days does a home stay on the market?
- Will you guide us to prepare our home to be shown?
- Will we receive a copy of the marketing plan?
- How will you advertise our home? In what publications? When will ads run? Will you employ an internet marketing program?
- Will you hold an open house?
- Do you plan to do anything else to get the word out?
- How often can we expect to be updated even if there is nothing to report?
Aim to select someone who is knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable. Call McBride & Co. Real Estate today 662.341.1000 – we have everything you’re looking for!